02 Apr Support Us – Become A Member
Are you interested in being a part of a dynamic group of women leaders making change happen in the Detroit community?
Join the Junior League of Detroit!
Benefits of Membership
- Empowers women to be a catalyst for change through community action in the city of Detroit
- Promotes working together to build a better community while forging lasting friendships
- Offers training for effective community leadership including community research, strategic solutions, fundraising, finance, public relations, and personal development
- Offers access to community leaders, new friends, and creative ideas
- Enables exposure to unique strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit organization
- Includes the option of transferring membership to other Junior Leagues worldwide
Criteria to Join Us
Prospective members must have legal residence in Detroit or within a radius of 25 miles thereof, and must be at least 21 years of age at the time the Provisional Course begins.
If you have questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those interested in becoming a member of the JLD must first submit an application by the published deadline to be a provisional member. The application for membership is available to the public, and explains the responsibilities of Provisional Membership. Provisional dues and course fees shall be remitted upon acceptance into Provisional Membership. Course classes are held periodically throughout the year.
Prospective new members are given the opportunity to participate in our New Member Course called the Provisional Course. The purpose of the course is to educate prospective members on the responsibilities and benefits of League membership.
During the Provisional Course prospective new members learn about the League, fulfill community service and League obligations and learn about fundraising through a provisional project.
We have regular recruitment events – full details can be found on the website.
Be a part of a dynamic group of women leaders making change happen in their community. Join the Junior League of Detroit!