The Junior League of Detroit hosts our 2020 Designers’ Show House at the historic Bingley Fales House set in the neighborhood of Indian Village. Located at 1771 Seminole Street, Detroit, Michigan 48214, the home is recognized in The American Institute of Architects Guide to Detroit Architecture. This is the Junior League of Detroit’s 23rd Designers’ Show House and second home located in Detroit.
Every other year the JLD hand-selects a prominent local estate and curates a phenomenal team of local and national interior designers to transform the home into a Designers’ Show House. League members Liana Dabir of Grosse Pointe Farms, Dianne Bostic Robinson and Anne Reese, both of Detroit, are co-chairs of the 2020 Designers’ Show House.
At 16,000 square feet, the Bingley Fales House is the largest residence in the historic Indian Village neighborhood of Detroit, boasting 10 bedrooms, five full bathrooms, and two half baths. The Georgian-style mansion is set on two acres of land, which include formal flower gardens, hardscape pathways, a trellis covered lanai, a fountain, and a Pewabic tile-lined reflecting pool.
To transform the home, 27 interior design and architecture firms and a team of landscape architects will re-imagine the first and second floors of the home along with the magnificent gardens for our grand unveiling in May 2020.
This year’s prominent design firms were carefully selected from across the country to join Honorary Design Chairs Jaime Drake and Caleb Anderson in reimagining 33 interior spaces at the Bingley Fales house. They will be working with the generous support of design sponsors Kohler Co., Kohler Signature Store in Birmingham, Benjamin Moore Paint and CIOT Tile.
The Junior League of Detroit Designers’ Show House 2020 Designer Participants:
- A. Lane Architecture – Tecumseh, MI
- Andre’ Jordan Hilton – Atlanta, GA
- Annie Kordas Interiors – Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
- Auer Design & Woodharbor Cabinetry – West Bloomfield, MI
- Birch Design Associates – Ann Arbor, MI
- Chatham House Interior Design – Troy, MI
- Claudette Wellons of LaShee Floral and Events – Detroit, MI
- Corey Damen Jenkins & Associates – Birmingham, MI & NYC, NY
- Crenshaw and Associates – Detroit, MI
- Donna Connelly Design – Almont, MI
- Ethan Allen – Birmingham, MI
- Haneen’s Haven – Canton, MI
- Happy. Pretty. Lifestyle Design – Midland, MI & Nashville, TN
- Harris Interior Design Studio – Southfield, MI
- Kia Interior Design – Bingham Farms, MI
- KLK Design – Petoskey, MI
- Laura Zender Design – Ann Arbor, MI
- Maison Birmingham & KSI Kitchen & Bath – Birmingham, MI
- PORT Mfg. & Design – Troy, MI
- RL Concetti – Detroit, MI
- Sapphire Pear – Rocky River, OH
- Serba Interiors – Birmingham, MI
- ShowHouse Interiors – Grosse Pointe, MI
- Textures Design – Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
- Tiffany René Interior Design – Atlanta, GA
- Vision Interiors – East Grand Rapids, MI
- Whitetail Farm, LLC – Dexter, MI
The JLD is delighted to partner with ASPIRE DESIGN AND HOME magazine, https://aspiremetro.com/2020jldshowhouse-2/, as our national media sponsor to shine a spotlight on our 23rd Designers’ Show House. We anticipate welcoming close to 10,000 visitors to the property when it opens to the public.
Public admission tickets will be $35 in advance until May 9, 2020, and $40 at the door.
Coming Soon: Tickets on sale February 14, 2020.