02 Apr Community – Grants and Scholarships – How to Apply for a Grant
2020-21 Grant Application Deadlines
Funding is based on a the following deadlines:
October 1 January 1 March 1
You will be notified in writing of a decision in approximately 8 weeks from submission deadlines as each grant award requires the approval of the Board of Directors.
Eligibility Requirements and Funding Guidelines
- Only review completed applications with the appropriate supporting documentation (See attached checklist;
- Limit applications to organizations having an office(s) in Wayne County and providing service within Wayne County, or applicants having 75% of their clients residing in Wayne County whose goals are to improve the health and welfare of children;
- Only consider applicant organizations that are exempt from taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or have an umbrella status with an agency that has received such a determination;
- Only consider applicants that provide a detailed explanation for (1) the specific program for which funds are being requested and (2) an itemized budget breakdown for the line item(s) for which JLD funds are being requested;
- Only consider applicants that provide a CPA prepared financial statement for the prior fiscal year, or if one is not available, an organization prepared financial statement for the prior fiscal year; and
- Give preference to new projects or organizations.
The Community Grants Committee will not:
- Consider requests from individuals;
- Fund organizations more than once every twenty-four months from receipt of funds; and
- Fund general operations, salaries, stipends and transportation or capital improvements.
Criteria for Evaluation:
- Demonstration of need
- Clearly describes goals, outcomes and objectives of the project
- Realistic project budget with reasonable costs for providing services
- Clearly describes funding request
- Evaluation process in place for measuring impact of project
- Demonstration of other financial or in-kind support for project
Upon receiving your application, the JLD will send you an email confirming receipt of your application. All completed applications that fall within the funding guidelines will be reviewed by the Community Grants Committee shortly after the deadline date. The JLD Board of Directors determines which grants will be approved based upon the Committee’s recommendations. Please do not call the JLD Office regarding the status of submitted grant applications. You should hear from the Community Grants Committee approximately 8 weeks after the submission deadline.
The typical grant range is from $500-$5000.
When completed, please send application and all supporting materials as attachments to: email@example.com.
Please note that submissions by regular mail will not be accepted.